If cockroaches invade your home, it might seem like there is no way to get rid of them. At Quality Control, Inc., we don’t recommend DIY cockroach control, but our professional technicians will develop a plan to keep cockroaches away from your home.
Successful cockroach control has three elements: identify, exterminate, and mitigate.
- Identify the Infestation
A cockroach control service should identify what type of cockroaches you have in your home and where they live. Our technicians can search every part of your home for potential bug hideouts. The most common cockroach types in North Carolina are:
- German cockroaches, which have tan or light brown bodies with two black stripes behind their heads. They are the most common roaches in the world.
- American cockroaches, which are large with reddish-brown bodies.
- Oriental cockroaches, or “water bugs,” which prefer to live outside in humid climates.
- Exterminate the Insects
Typically we use sprays and gel baits to deliver insecticides. The sprays are generally used to create a barrier around your home. The gel baits are a food source for the roaches that other methods could not reach.
Mitigate Any Potential for Re-Infestation
After the cockroaches have been exterminated, you will want to keep your home as clean as possible and make any necessary repairs to prevent them from coming back. To keep cockroaches away from your home, be sure to:
- Store food in sealed containers
- Clean up spills and crumbs quickly
- Seal cracks and openings that go outside
- Fix plumbing leaks
- Place weather stripping on doors and around windows
A cockroach control plan is a multi-faceted effort. To find out the best way to get rid of cockroaches in your home, give us a call today.